| For thousands of years people have been practicing the art of seduction in cultures from every corner of the globe the successes and failures have been passed down to each generation. Some act such as flirting or touching seem to come naturally to some, but in general most people have at one time or another found themselves practicing how to act is such a way as to arouse the attention of potential suitors.|
In today’s society we have seen a new form of communication rise up and with it new ways to fail or succeed in seducing others. Through the internet millions of people find ways to connect each day and many of those connections are of a romantic nature. With the wide spread popularity of such services as online dating; online matchmaking and online friend finding we have seen an even larger increase in the ability to make romantic connections through chat.
Though there are still many people who shy away from using the internet as a dating tool, the millions who have had wonderful experiences, some of them leading to life-long relationships, are enthusiastic about the possibilities that the online dating provides.
For those couples who met in a more traditional style, but are forced to be far apart, either due to work or some other obligation, the internet provides a wonderful line of communication through which they may enjoy everything from asking about how a day went to sexy bedroom talk.
Why is it that some find chat so seductive? Chatting offers several seductive qualities that being in person or even over the phone cannot:
- When chatting online, the person with whom you are speaking is hidden, out of reach and for this reason the absence of them, or inability to touch can be arousing. As we have seen throughout history, using a plot in which lovers are forbidden from touching, or being together, has been a working tool of seductive stories because of its’ strong affect on others.
- Flirting online also allows each party to think their sentences through thoroughly, thus eliminating any truly awkward moments caused by stumbling over words.
- Many people enjoy flirting under a guise, allowing themselves to speak more freely than they would normally be able to which can help them to understand their sexual preferences.
While flirting through voice chat and webcams does not alter the style and patterns that you may normally choose to follow, flirting through chat is a very different medium. It can be very difficult to make points clear when typing; inflections and tones of voice are absent and the subtle pauses of our language can be difficult to mimic. Often a chat session will have many sentences that do not come across in the way the authors meant them too and this can make flirting with someone quite a task. As the internet’s popularity grows so too does the need to polish the skills used to communicate well through it; this can easily apply to the ability to flirt or show affection through chat.
Tips for Flirting Online:
Though it may be difficult for some to understand why flirting in chat rooms, or private chats, has become some popular more and more people are beginning to find this way of communicating to be an exciting and effective one. If a fear of typing or lack of vocabulary has been holding you back the answer may lie in simply practicing typing out a few sentences by yourself to see how it might be appealing. The knowledge that someone out in the world is playfully hanging on every word you say might have more of a powerfully seductive effect on you than you ever imagined.
- Set the mood: While you may be staring at a computer screen the rest of the space around you can either enhance or interfere with your experience. Lighting candles; dimming lights and playing music that allows you to open up romantically may help greatly with your ability to communicate how you feel. Whatever the setting, be sure that it suits whatever needs you have, as your idea of sexy is that only one that needs to be present.
- Clothing: Wear something comfortable, but sexy and fun when you’re chatting; though the person on the other end may not be able to see you it can help to know that if they could they would be pleased. Wearing clothes that make you feel attractive can help lower your inhibitions and allow you to speak more freely about what makes you feel romantic.
- Explain: Remember that every look, nod, giggle and sigh will not be seen by the person on the other end and you must therefore find a way to express your reactions through words. This can be hard to do as it is not something that you would need to do in person and therefore may need to practice. Before you begin flirting with someone you may want to think about which words you think best convey your feelings so that you do not struggle with it when your partner is waiting for a reply. When explaining things remember to be specific, especially if the topic is important to you; the more specific you are the better the chance the person on the other end will understand exactly what you mean and avoiding confusion is key to a good flirting session.
- Caution: Unless you feel absolutely comfortable with a person do not give the many personal information that might reveal who you really are when in the middle of a sexy chat session; it can be easy to get carried away in the moment and feel a false sense of trust that the person on the other end has not yet earned.
- Privacy: Even when you are only typing it can be difficult to speak freely with others in the room; be sure that you will have some privacy before beginning any chat sessions that may end up being of a romantic nature.