There are still many pessimistic views about internet dating. These negative ideas range from assuming that the pool of people is undesirable to dismissing the statistically proven idea that those who form deeper connections by getting to know one another before letting pure, physical chemistry govern their feelings have a much better chance of finding a successful relationship.
For those who truly wish to have an exciting experience in the dating world, the online community presents a wonderful variety of options, help and guidance. Whether looking for causal or long term, the many different dating sites often cater to the member's needs and provide information to help you determine which sites will best suit your romantic needs.
The negatives of dating on the internet are very slim indeed. The most common complaints are: not live; expense; concern over selection and amount of effort needed to meet people online. Let us address these quickly before moving to the good stuff.
- Not a Face to Face Meet: This complaint is common with those looking to make casual connections. The idea that casual daters can't make use of online dating is preposterous. Many sites are designed specifically for those looking to meet new people quickly, do a little flirting in chat and then meet face to face. If this is your interest, online dating can only help provide you with more access by giving you a much larger list of people to choose from than any club or bar.
- Expense: Consider the average cost of one date, even a few drinks and then look at the cost of just one month of service on a five star site. Enough said.
- Selection: The myth that physically attractive people don't use online dating may even have once been true, but even if it was, this is no longer the case. The variety of online dating members is vast, diverse and remarkable and offers you a better chance a finding someone you connect with than pretty much any other available method today.
- Effort: It is true that setting up and taking time to search profiles does require effort, but so does finding the right person. The sites geared toward lasting relationships usually have the most intensive setups, but a good rule to follow is: If you're really looking for help in how to find love you should be willing to make an effort. After all if you can't take the time to find it, how do you expect to keep it when you do?
When trying to determine whether or not online dating is the right path for you there are some main points to consider. These top ten reasons may help provide you with some of the positive aspects of online dating.
- Extensive community of people to choose from: There is no doubt that with literally millions of members within the various online dating communities that by joining up you are expanding your selection of potential romances. Consider the idea that your perfect someone is just an hour away, but far enough that you might never run into them, let alone meet, connect and fall in love, if not for a way of getting together. The advanced network of internet dating allows you access unlike any other method with a staggering number of people to choose from.
- Narrowing down your selections right away to increase your match potential: The access that this method grants will not only help you in how to find a date, but to ensure that your list of potentials is tailored to your interests, desires and goals. The best sites allow you to do more than just browse through hot profiles; they give you an opportunity to ask for exactly what you would hope to find in your match. Using this information people are selected and listed for you using wonderfully advanced methods.
- Everyone you meet is on the same or at least a similar track: Rather than going out and hoping that a person you find attractive might be interested in dating and might just agree to going out with you, the online dating community ensures that every person you meet is also looking for romance in one form or another. This limits the number of people to those who share your desire to meet others, a limitation that you can't depend on through traditional methods.
- Within minutes you can gain access to a wealth of information: Unlike the normal banter people usually exchange on a first date, through the internet dating community you can learn a great deal about a person before you've said so much as hello. Not only is this a time save, but it allows you to basically pick through some very interesting people, learning more about them in a few minutes than you may on several traditional dates.
- From the comfort of your own home: Heading out to hit the dating scene can be greatly fun, but over time many people find that the novelty wears off long before they have found that special someone. Internet dating allows you to do everything, from creating your own hot profile and revealing your deepest desires to live chat (including web cam) with a person you find interesting or even taking a little time to flirt online and strengthen your chemistry with someone special, all from your very own home. This is an undeniable perk of the online method, allowing you to be relaxed and feel secure in your own environment and may also prove to be practical and economical as well.
- On your own time, at your own pace: The initial stages of setting up your profile, looking through the profiles of others and exchanging emails are obviously entirely at your leisure. Even better, because of the convenient location (wherever you can access the internet) you can also arrange for instant messaging, live chat room connections or even voice and web cam interaction at times which fit your schedule. Because the entire online dating world is set up differently from the traditional you can also choose to take each connection at your own pace. This perk allows romance seekers to operate around busy working or simply active lives thus increasing their chances of finding the right person at the right time.
- Saving money on expensive dates or the cost of going out hoping to meet people: Even with the top ranked sites and highest levels of premium membership, the internet dating community can help you to save a great deal of money in your romantic life. The cost of a single date could provide you with anywhere from 1 to 6 months of service depending upon the site you choose and provides you with the ultimate in cheap date ideas as this fee covers your access to meeting up with a variety of different people for the duration of your membership.
- Immediately connecting with others who share your interests: Unlike traditional methods of dating where you hope that a person you meet might share some of your likes and dislikes, this method allows you to immediately be connected with those who are like minded. Many online members find that even if romance isn't in the cards, they often find wonderful friends who they can share their passions with throughout the community.
- Building stronger connections for meaningful relationships: Through the standard methods of dating people often connected through physical chemistry first and allowed the rest to slowly come out over time. Unfortunately while this can be exciting for a time, those truly looking for love often find that this route is time consuming and too often disappointing. Enjoying a person's physical appearance simply isn't enough to keep most people happy.
The connections made through online dating have been proven to be more likely to help couples build lasting relationships than any other method available to date. This has become such a popular idea that many new forms of dating have popped up over the last few years that prevent people from seeing one another until they have spent a little time talking together. While physical chemistry is certainly important, more and more people are finding it a secondary requirement to those that seem to make for a deeper, lasting connection.
The success is in the numbers: Couples who find their match online enjoy happier, long lasting relationships: More and more statistics come out each year showing that couples who find one another online seem to build relationships that last. Is this because they were looking for love in the first place? Is it due to the fact that they were brought together using advanced techniques that match the most compatible people? Perhaps these connections are strengthened by the idea that a mental connection can wildly increase physical attraction?
Whatever the reasons for these amazing success stories it is important to keep them in mind if you're looking to build this type of relationship. The deep connections, friendships and romances that are to be found online provide the kind of meaning so many singles are looking for in a relationship. Those looking for that special someone would do well to consider this method, which becomes more and more popular each day, when trying to find ways to meet their true match.